Windows XP Pro Monitor Freeze RRS feed

• Question

• I have re-installed Windows XP Pro due to Freeze UP after Screen Saver timer runs out. Screen changes to Desktop and Freezes.

The system was working fine until updates were installed automatically and that is when the trouble started again.

Any suggestions

Saturday, July 16, 2011 5:48 AM

All replies

• "caslar2011" wrote in message news:70b0506a-4503-40b2-9ea2-34c12036eb0f...

I have re-installed Windows XP Pro due to Freeze UP after Screen Saver timer runs out. Screen changes to Desktop and Freezes.

The system was working fine until updates were installed automatically and that is when the trouble started again.

Any suggestions

Update your Graphics card drivers first - see if that helps.
    The post in a more appropriate forum, if not.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Proposed as answer by Noel D Paton Sunday, April 14, 2013 6:39 PM
    Saturday, July 16, 2011 7:01 AM
  • I did exactly what you suggested and that did help.  But, after leaving the monitor on for hours, I hit the space bar and the screen saver came back up.  But, it was in freeze mode again.  I hit the space bar again and the screen went black and stayed that way.  I had to re-boot the system again.  Any other ideas. 

Should I have the NVIDIA program enabled??? It is not at present.  I think that NVIDIA
    program is the culpret somehow.  When I originally ran my Driver Detective program after re-loading the XP Pro program, everything was
    working perfect until all of the upgrades were being loaded.  Then the Driver Detective showed that the drivers for the NVIDIA program were
    not updating.  It said there were no updates to this program.  Then I went into the Divice Manager and updated them individually from there
    and hit the repair tab it there was one. 

I also re-booted the system and let is sit for a couple of hours, and then when I came back, I hit the space bar and the monitor went black. 

Any, ideas???

caslar2011
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 2:40 AM
  • "caslar2011" wrote in message news:42c8565f-7678-4207-8963-d0871bc718bb...

I did exactly what you suggested and that did help.  But, after leaving the monitor on for hours, I hit the space bar and the screen saver came back up.  But, it was in freeze mode again.  I hit the space bar again and the screen went black and stayed that way.  I had to re-boot the system again.  Any other ideas. 

Should I have the NVIDIA program enabled??? It is not at present.  I think that NVIDIA
    program is the culpret somehow.  When I originally ran my Driver Detective program after re-loading the XP Pro program, everything was
    working perfect until all of the upgrades were being loaded.  Then the Driver Detective showed that the drivers for the NVIDIA program were
    not updating.  It said there were no updates to this program.  Then I went into the Divice Manager and updated them individually from there
    and hit the repair tab it there was one. 

I also re-booted the system and let is sit for a couple of hours, and then when I came back, I hit the space bar and the monitor went black. 

Any, ideas???

caslar2011

As I said, your best bet is to post in a more appropriate forum - this one is very poorly attended
    follow the link in my earlier post.
    (try changing the screensaver to one of the default MS ones, if it's not already)

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 9:44 AM