Lookup Relationships in the Various Activity types such as Tasks RRS feed

• Question

• I have a problem I can't seem to find a solution for. We are using CRM 3.0 and would like to create a relationship between the tasks and a customized entity. I have been able to create the new entity and a basic relationship with the tasks. The problem I am running into is I would like to create lookup's into this entity. Currently the system only appears to allow a lookup in the regarding field. I would like that regarding field to be associated with one Entity but then have another lookup field be associated with a second entity.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make this happen?

Friday, November 13, 2009 3:32 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Unfortunately you can not do this in crm 3.0.  In crm 4.0 you can create a new 'many to 1' relationship between activities, such as tasks, and a custom entity.
    Alex Fagundes - www.PowerObjects.com
    Friday, November 13, 2009 3:39 PM
  • Thank you for the response. Would there be another way to solve this issue? Such as building an Iframe into the entity and then being able to select the data from the Iframe? If we did something like that would there also be issues with retaining that data?
    Friday, November 13, 2009 3:55 PM
  • You can definately do this with custom code.  We used to do this all time in the CRM 3.0 days, but it does take a bit of code:  code to display the lookup, code to make it look nice, and code to save it.  And when you do upgrade to crm 4.0 you would have to somewhat ditch all this as crm 4 supports this out of the box.
    Alex Fagundes - www.PowerObjects.com
    Friday, November 13, 2009 9:05 PM