billing question... constultant pays for client.. how do i turn off auto rebill RRS feed

• Question

• I set up a client with one care, and put the 49.95 charge on my credit card.
    I do not want this to automatically rebill at end of year.

My client will have to make other arrangements to pay at that point.
    They are fearful of internet credit card charges and that is  why they did not want to use thier own card.

They're renewal next year is a secondary issue.
    I just want to get my credit card info off of the account becuase I am not setup to track billing of small items like this.

thanks for your help.

Joe Silverman
    Friday, February 6, 2009 3:15 AM

Answers

•  By setting up the account with a LiveID and you Billing information, you created an account for you.
    There are three ways to resolve this.
    1. Change the credit card and contact information for the Billing account at https://billing.microsoft.com to be the information for your customer (note that the credit card must be valid) so that your customer will be billed for renewal.
    2. When the subscription is close to renewal, cancel it by contacting OneCare customer service. Your customer will then need to create their own subscription directly.
    3. Obtain a retail copy of OneCare for the customer and renew at the above URL with the key which will add 12 months to the subscription at which point it will no longer be able to be renewed since the service will no longer be available for purchase after Morro is available in the latter half of 2009. The current subscription will be fully supported until it ends or until the end of 2010.

Personally, I would recommend the 1st option.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Friday, February 6, 2009 2:34 PM