Creating CRM Web Server using Fully Qualified Name RRS feed

• Question

• During our first installation we set up the web portal to use a fully qualified domain name so we could exclude it from script scanning. However, most of users utilize the Outlook integration piece. I see that the web services do not use the qualified host name when I analyze the network traffic. There is definitely a performance reduction using the Outlook integration compared to the web. Is there a way to modify our web services host name to use the the FQN? Does the server installation have to be installed as the FQN?

Thanks for any assistance, I am developer not a network engineer so any advice would be great.

Friday, September 2, 2011 2:17 PM

All replies

• Ok first of all , what i am going to say is not supported. There are few places you can check.

The webservices paths are stored in "DeploymentProperties" table in config database. There are few entries. You can try to change them and there is also an entry in windows registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM. change them restart the app server and check if its working.

I hope this helps.

Amreek singh Senior CRM Consultant CDC Praxa Sydney,Australia http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com/
    • Proposed as answer by Amreek Singh Friday, September 2, 2011 2:56 PM
    Friday, September 2, 2011 2:56 PM