Can't install WHS PP1 Client on Vista64 RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Vista64 Home and installed the PP1 client on it successfully.  However, I could never see my home server (shares or otherwise).  After much searching, I found an article about the TCP Auto Tuning 'feature' in Vista.  After I set my vista box to 'disable' I was immediately able to see the WHS network shares, but my client would not connect.  I uninstalled the WHS connector and did a reinstall.  However, when the installation get's to the point of searching for my WHS, I get the message "Home Server Discovery has stopped working: A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I suspect that I just need to do a clean install.  Is there a 'manual' cleanup process that I need to do to FULLY remove the previous WHS connector installation? Or, is it something else?

Thanks,
    Don
    Friday, July 18, 2008 1:00 PM

Answers

• First thing to do - is just remove it through the Control Panel method and then re-install it.    don't worry about trying to do a 'manual' cleanup process, the automatic method should work fine.

Friday, July 18, 2008 3:41 PM