Cannot add Order Product to existing Order, get message "entity is locked" RRS feed

• Question

• In CRM 4, a Quote is converted to an Order, all the child Quote Products are converted into Order Products - this works fine. Most of our Orders are created by converting from Quotes.

Our requirements are that sometimes an Order will be modified - new Order Products will be added to an existing Order.

HOWEVER, when I try to add a new Order Product to an existing Order, I get the generic error message "An error has occurred".  I ran a trace in CRM while replicating the error, and found the message -

"The price cannot be overridden while the entity is locked -  ErrorCode: -2147206371".

When converting a Quote to an Order, are the Order/Order Products 'LOCKED' or is this an issue with our particular system? If so, is there a workaround?

- I disabled all onload/onsave scripts so that nothing would interfere with the process of creating and saving an Order Product.
    - We only create write-in products

Thanks, would appreciate any suggestions.

Friday, March 26, 2010 11:42 AM

All replies

• it looks like there is plug in associated with either order/order product is cuasing this to heppen..

have you got any plug in on Order/Order product?

Friday, March 26, 2010 12:11 PM
    Answerer
  • No, we have no Plugins registered on the Order entity.

When I convert a Quote into an Order and try to add an additional Order Product, by clicking on 'Write-In Products' in the left navigation column - the Write-In Products View shows the existing Order Products.

However, there is no button option for 'New Order Product'.

Is this normal behaviour in CRM- when converting a Quote to an Order, you cannot add any further Order Products?

Thanks,

Friday, March 26, 2010 12:42 PM
  • Put the product that you want to add into your product inventory and rather than selecting Write-In product, select Existing Product and you should see the Add Existing product button.
    Best Regards | Twitter: edwardsdna
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 3:34 PM