Cant update because windows genuine validation error RRS feed

• Question

• Basicly I want to update windows xp manually. It tells me that I need to do genuine windows validition, so i click the link. It checks for a while and then loads a blank page. Can anyone confirm this please.

Thanks,

Grant

oops, sorry I realise this is win7 forum. Hope you can help me anyway.

• Moved by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, December 28, 2010 1:05 AM XP issue moved to XP forum (From:Windows 7 Genuine Advantage Validation Issues (Windows 7))
    Friday, December 24, 2010 3:14 PM

Answers

• Hello eurorant,

Please repost in the Windows XP section of the forum.

When you do, follow these instructions:

In order to receive the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Run" several times to download and start the Utility.  When asked, click the "Continue" button.  When the utility completes its run, click the "Copy" button, then come back here and paste the report into your post.

Also, please look on the computer for a Certificate of Authenticity (CoA).  If there is a CoA, please tell us what version and edition of Windows is listed on the CoA, and if there is a manufacturer's name or "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" printed on the CoA.  Do not post the product key printed on the CoA.

• Marked as answer by eurorant Friday, December 24, 2010 4:10 PM
    Friday, December 24, 2010 3:33 PM
  • Thank you so much - that diagnostics tool helped me resolve the problem. It was clock sync... All fixed now.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, December 28, 2010 1:04 AM
    Friday, December 24, 2010 4:10 PM

All replies

• Hello eurorant,

Please repost in the Windows XP section of the forum.

When you do, follow these instructions:

In order to receive the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Run" several times to download and start the Utility.  When asked, click the "Continue" button.  When the utility completes its run, click the "Copy" button, then come back here and paste the report into your post.

Also, please look on the computer for a Certificate of Authenticity (CoA).  If there is a CoA, please tell us what version and edition of Windows is listed on the CoA, and if there is a manufacturer's name or "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" printed on the CoA.  Do not post the product key printed on the CoA.

• Marked as answer by eurorant Friday, December 24, 2010 4:10 PM
    Friday, December 24, 2010 3:33 PM
  • Thank you so much - that diagnostics tool helped me resolve the problem. It was clock sync... All fixed now.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, December 28, 2010 1:04 AM
    Friday, December 24, 2010 4:10 PM
  • Moving thread to XP forum

Darin MS
    Tuesday, December 28, 2010 1:05 AM