Can you enable thumbnails on the web side of the Pictures folder? RRS feed

• Question

• Can you enable thumbnails on the web side of the Pictures folder? 

It would be really nice to see thumbnails of the pictures you are browsing instead the usual nonsensical numerical names that come off the camera.  I can see this being a great way to share pictures with the family, and for them to be able to preview what they are downloading would be most helpful.

Is this already in WHS and I missed it? 

Thanks!

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 6:46 PM

Answers

• There have been several feedback items submitted for this in Connect (go to connect.microsoft.com, and when you get to the WHS Feedback location, search for 'thumbnails').  For all of them (despite this being a very popular request), they've been marked Closed/Resolved/Postponed, which I assume means that the WHS team has no plans to fix this in v1. 

I agree that this is a very nice feature and without it, it's nearly impossible to find photos quickly that you want to download.  I find that without the thumbnails, the whole download of photos is essentially a "non-feature".  Hopefully the hardware OEMs will come up with alternate plans for this, perhaps with a website add-on or something.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 7:05 PM