Replacing invalid version of Office Enterprise 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased a used laptop about a year ago and it apparently has an invalid version of Office 2007 installed on it. I purchased it from a local store who has since gone out of business.

I just purchased a student version of Office Ultimate 2007 with a valid key.

What's the best way to install the new version without losing any of my email, contacts etc?

Thanks
    Saturday, December 19, 2009 7:08 PM

Answers

• Hello MWADL,

First, back up and offload any data that you cannot afford to lose, jsut in case.

Next, uninstall the nongenuine installation o Office,  then restart the computer twice.

Next, install Office Ultimate 2007 normally.  Activate office online normally.  Restart once. 

Next, visit www.microsoft.com/genuine and validate Office normally.  Then open several Office programs checking to see if you are presented with nongenuine software notices.  If so, please post back here for more information.  If not, you are done, so please run Windows Update several times to gather and install all applicable Office updates.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, December 21, 2009 11:06 PM
    Monday, December 21, 2009 4:03 AM

All replies

• Hello MWADL,

First, back up and offload any data that you cannot afford to lose, jsut in case.

Next, uninstall the nongenuine installation o Office,  then restart the computer twice.

Next, install Office Ultimate 2007 normally.  Activate office online normally.  Restart once. 

Next, visit www.microsoft.com/genuine and validate Office normally.  Then open several Office programs checking to see if you are presented with nongenuine software notices.  If so, please post back here for more information.  If not, you are done, so please run Windows Update several times to gather and install all applicable Office updates.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, December 21, 2009 11:06 PM
    Monday, December 21, 2009 4:03 AM
  • I did exactly as described above and Outlook is still giving me the invalid version message.

Any other suggestions appreciated.

Thanks
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 1:26 PM
  • Saturday, December 26, 2009 3:28 PM