Picture thumbnail RRS feed

• General discussion

• Thumbnails increase useability of picture view.

A typical 8 MegaPixel photo would take long time to download on a typical UpLoad  bandwidth of 128 kbps.

Searching through or previewing several photos would be so slow that the function would be useless in real use.

When photos are placed in a designated folder (f.ex the Picture share) automatic generation of Thumbnail and small viewable picture (800x600) should be done by Home Server.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 6:30 AM

All replies

• The size of a picture doesn’t matter, visible picture search is the easiest way of finding the right one.  I voted for it!!

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 9:22 AM
  • I can't agree more with this post. Having a preview allows family members to choose from the hundreds of digital pictures that get taken these days all labeled with a cryptic file name. A preview allows you to share pictures more easily with family members. They may not even need to download the pic (I don't know what my mom would do with a picture on her HD) but they'd love to just click through the vaction/B-day/whatever photos.
    Friday, April 27, 2007 9:30 PM
  • A brief search on Connect shows that there are a number of suggestions along these lines, e.g. this one or this one. It's pretty obvious that we won't see this for version 1, but it's a popular suggestion. If you're interested in seeing this feature (or really hate the idea Smile ) you should go do some searches and vote.
    Saturday, April 28, 2007 2:23 PM