Setupmon.exe fails every time RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I had been using WHS 2011 RTM for several months. Once I saw that the final version was available from MSDN, I downloaded it and have tried to install it. I downloaded the following file from MSDN: “en_server_install_disc_windows_home_server_2011_x64_dvd_658487.iso”. The installation proceeded well until it began to run setupmon.exe to finish the configuration of the server. It has failed at the same spot repeatedly, despite having burned the .iso onto several different discs, having re-downloaded the iso itself 3 times, and being able to access the full OS by running “explorer.exe” from the task manager, despite the failure message saying that a restart is required, which ultimately ends in another failure at the same point. I have attached the HSBSLogs.zip file generated by the setupmon.exe application, though I cannot make sense of what is causing the failure. I searched the Connect.Microsoft.com forums for similar errors, but found none, and am also unable to find any other support option for the final retail release of WHS 2011 elsewhere. I am hopeful that you will be able to help me with my issue, if not at least direct me to those parties who can.

Here are the HSBSLogs.zip files that were generated when I got the error about the setupmon.exe failure.  I have uploaded it via a 3rd party site: http://hotfile.com/dl/119316657/3359f43/HSBSLogs.zip.html . Please advise if you have received the attachment.

I have uploaded the information regarding my hardware config and the disk/partitioning config in the form of a PDF file, to a third party service. Here's the link for it: http://www.mediafire.com/?3h86xjmlahc6mep. Please advise whether you can access the info. I look forward to your reply...

Thank you.

Friday, August 19, 2011 11:28 PM

All replies

• There is no free support for Windows Home Server other than peer-based support in these forums, and whatever support OEMs and system builders provide. As a user who has installed it by yourself, on your own hardware, you're a "system builder".

That said, try another optical drive.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Saturday, August 20, 2011 2:12 AM