Another Note to Moderators RRS feed

• Question

• I have the WHS Hardware & Software Community Forums in my list of RSS Feeds in IE7. This is a fast & easy way to see what's new. But the content is somewhat garbled due to embedded formatting commands. Here's an example:

Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac

Yesterday, October 06, 2008, 10:41:11 PM | notechyetGo to full article
    <font face=Arial>Hello members<br>Can I connect and administer the WHS from my MBP with </font><font style="font-size:12px" face=Arial>Remote Desktop Connection Client 1.0.3 for Mac?<br>Just came across this on the web. See this:<br>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6573f9f1-8ae1-4da9-ab5c-f8457ecdaf2d&amp;displaylang=en<br><br>Thanks<br></font>

Is there anything you (or I) can do about this?

Thanks.
    Tuesday, October 7, 2008 8:12 AM

Answers

• Bobsie said:

I have the WHS Hardware & Software Community Forums in my list of RSS Feeds in IE7. This is a fast & easy way to see what's new. But the content is somewhat garbled due to embedded formatting commands. Here's an example:

<font face=Arial>Hello members<br>Can I connect and administer the WHS from my MBP with </font><font style="font-size:12px" face=Arial>Remote Desktop Connection Client 1.0.3 for Mac?<br>Just came across this on the web. See this:<br>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6573f9f1-8ae1-4da9-ab5c-f8457ecdaf2d&amp;displaylang=en<br><br>Thanks<br></font>

Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback; however, these are not issues specific to Windows Home Server but rather the entire social platform. The forums have their own feedback area here.  Future questions regarding the function and expectations of the forums should be submitted using that form as the moderators for the entire platform monitor that area.

Thank you again,
    Lara Jones [MSFT] Windows Home Server Team
    Tuesday, October 7, 2008 12:45 PM
  • Hi,
    Just so you know that it isn't a one-off (and is nothing to do with WHS), if you read this thread, in the support forums, you will see that this has already been reported and has been assigned to a PM.

Colin

If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    • Marked as answer by Bobsie Wednesday, October 8, 2008 9:19 AM
    Wednesday, October 8, 2008 8:49 AM

All replies

• Bobsie said:

I have the WHS Hardware & Software Community Forums in my list of RSS Feeds in IE7. This is a fast & easy way to see what's new. But the content is somewhat garbled due to embedded formatting commands. Here's an example:

Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback; however, these are not issues specific to Windows Home Server but rather the entire social platform. The forums have their own feedback area here.  Future questions regarding the function and expectations of the forums should be submitted using that form as the moderators for the entire platform monitor that area.

Thank you again,
    Tuesday, October 7, 2008 12:45 PM
  • Lara Jones said:

Bobsie said:

Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you again,

Maybe you're not aware of this, but going to the forums feedback area does nothing but connect you to the Indians who give you the whole rain dance of offering Microsoft paid and free support for "MY" problem. There's no way I'm going down that path for this kind of issue. I know what it's like from previous encounters with those people for Windows, Office, etc. I once had 3 of them on the phone simultaneously for a Vista Ultimate networking problem and received no useful assistance. Finally figured it out on my own; it was definitely a Microsoft problem & I had to create a workaround. 

I have dozens of feeds that I look at every day. The only ones I have any problem viewing are these 2 from the WHS forums. Why would I want to be punished for this?

On the other hand, if there is some setting I can tweak to make this problem go away, I'll happily do so. Is anyone else viewing these forums via RSS feeds in IE7?

Wednesday, October 8, 2008 7:49 AM
  • Hi,
    Just so you know that it isn't a one-off (and is nothing to do with WHS), if you read this thread, in the support forums, you will see that this has already been reported and has been assigned to a PM.

Colin

If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    • Marked as answer by Bobsie Wednesday, October 8, 2008 9:19 AM
    Wednesday, October 8, 2008 8:49 AM
  • Colin Hodgson said:

Hi,

Colin

Thank you, Colin!
    Wednesday, October 8, 2008 9:20 AM