Missing DLLs in Hpc 2008 R2 SP3 SDK? RRS feed

• Question

• I’m starting to upgrade our on-premisis code to work use the new Hpc 2008 R2 SP3 DLLs but have hit a hitch.  In the past we have referenced three DLLs to connect to the scheduler

·         Microsoft.Hpc.Scheduler.dll

·         Microsoft.Hpc.Scheduler.Properties.dll

·         Microsoft.Hpc.Scheduler.Session.dll

In the SP3 installs I can only find Microsoft.Hpc.Scheduler.Session.dll.  The other two files have TLB versions of the same name but can’t use those as a references in the C# web service project.

Are there a new DLLs I should be looking at for SP3 to connect to the scheduler?

Are these DLLs missing from the installer?

Thursday, December 22, 2011 6:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Scott,

These dlls are not missing, but being moved to the GAC, you should find them in C:\Windows\assembly

Michael

• Proposed as answer by David Burg Thursday, May 31, 2012 10:51 PM
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 7:57 PM
  • Michael,

I found the DLLs in the GAC.  They are listed in the c:\windows\assembly view as well as via the direct file view.

When I compile in VS2010 with the same refrences I had before the compiler complains the namespace could not be found (one of the error output lines)

...\Hpc\MicrosoftHpcClusterAdapater.cs(5,17): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Hpc' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Copying the DLLs out of the GAC and referencing them directly in project allows it to compile again with no errors and the new 3.3 versioned DLLs.

Am I missing something on being allowed to reference them from the GAC instead of having to dig out and reference them manually?

Thank you,

Scott

Tuesday, January 3, 2012 9:55 PM
  • Hi Scott,

You should not have to copy the dlls out of GAC, this is out of the scope of HPC, please consult Visual Studio for further assistance.

Michael

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 6:31 PM