CRM 4.0 Installation Problem: Setup Cannot Verify that the SQLSERVERAGENT RRS feed

• Question

• Installing on Server 2008, using SQL Enterprise Server 2008. 
    - SQL Server Agent is running
    - Text Search is enabled
    - Name Pipes is enabled
    - Reporting Services are working
    - IIS is configured and working

ERRORS:

1. Setup was unable to verify that SQL Server Agent (SQLSERVERAGENT) was running.
    2. A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

Please advise
    Friday, October 2, 2009 12:23 AM

Answers

• Hi Perry,

Are you install on the same server as sql or on a different server?

If different server, is your windows 2008 firewall on ?

Are you using an account that is a full sql 2008 administrator and a local administrator?

Alex Fagundes - http://www.PowerObjects.com
    Friday, October 2, 2009 12:35 AM

All replies

• Hi Perry,

Are you install on the same server as sql or on a different server?

If different server, is your windows 2008 firewall on ?

Are you using an account that is a full sql 2008 administrator and a local administrator?

Alex Fagundes - http://www.PowerObjects.com
    Friday, October 2, 2009 12:35 AM
  • I have exactly the same issue, did you find a solution?
    Sunday, October 18, 2009 6:32 AM
  • We had this same issue:

We turned off the firewall on both servers (crm app and crm sql db engine) and this worked. Also, ensure that the SQL Server Agent is running after you do this.

Please let me know if you found that this works as well.

Friday, November 13, 2009 9:35 PM
  • On page 4-55 of the planning section of the implementation guide is a list of network ports that need to be open for CRM to properly communicate with SQL and other resources. Please look at what other folks have found on this issue:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/crm/thread/bd96b4a8-c8ff-4960-8aa0-dffd31cbe631

Michael D. Mayo

MMayo
    Friday, June 4, 2010 8:53 PM
  •  

I'm facing the same issue, I have the firewall off, SQL installed on the same server... so no Ports issues here...

I've installed Full-Text and all services are started.. then:

An error occurred when attempting to set the SQLSERVERAGENT service to AutoStart:  System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The specified service does not exist as an installed service
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Utility.ServiceUtility.OpenServiceHandle(String serviceName, String machineName)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Utility.ServiceUtility.SetServiceStartType(String serviceName, String machineName, UInt32 startType)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Utility.ServiceUtility.SetServiceToAutoStart(String serviceName, String machineName)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ServiceRunningValidator.AutoStartLocalService(String serviceName, TimeSpan waitTimeForStart)

Wednesday, November 3, 2010 3:16 PM