locked
Configured Outlook client. Now, cannot connect to web client. RRS feed

  • Question

  • Tonight, I configured the Outlook Client on my PC. Immediately afterward, I found that I could no longer access the web client. Whether I'm browsing to the normal site or the mobile site, after entering my credentials on the ADFS page, I receive a "404 File or directory not found" error.

    Our server is on update rollup 2, with ADFS and IFD set up. I installed rollup 3 on my client, but that didn't fix the problem. I have confirmed that I can access the web client from other computers.

    The only other change I made was to disable the "adfs/services/trust/13/username" endpoint, which, as I found from another forum topic, was breaking Outlook clients, although enabling it did fix the problem of the email router pegging the server. To keep the email router from pegging the server with this endpoint disabled, I disabled the incoming profile on the email router and set all the users to "Outlook" for their incoming email profiles. These were the only changes that occurred before I began experiencing this issue.

    Thanks!


    Blog: http://andrewbschultz.com @andrewbschultz
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 2:29 AM

Answers

All replies

  • Hi Andrew, is the URL that you're using for the web client "https://orgname.domain.com/orgname/etc" or is it without the second orgname like "https://orgname.domain.com/etc"? Are you using the external url or the internal url to connect?


    Phil Edry – Altriva Solutions – http://www.altriva.com/AltrivaBlog.aspx
    Wednesday, August 17, 2011 9:30 PM
  • Hey Phil,

     

    It's the second - it's https://orgname.domain.com, where the orgname and domain name are actually the same (as is often the case). I'm using the external, since I'm not inside of the network.


    Blog: http://andrewbschultz.com @andrewbschultz
    Friday, August 19, 2011 9:55 PM
  • In that case, the only thing I can think of to try is that you may need to add https://*.domain.com or https://adfsurl.domain.com into either trusted sites or intranet sites, but it's hard to identify exactly how configuring the outlook client would change that behavior. Perhaps a fiddler trace on connecting over the web client would uncover the culprit?
    Phil Edry – Altriva Solutions – http://www.altriva.com/AltrivaBlog.aspx
    Friday, August 19, 2011 10:48 PM
  • Wow Phil - here's another gimme! I'm not sure whether it was the solution or not, because I hadn't tried again today before making this change. I had the actual URL of the CRM site in my trusted sites, but I added the *.domain.com URL to the trusted sites, and then tried again, and it worked! Again, not sure whether it had fixed itself, or if that was the difference, but thanks for the help!

     

    Best,

    Andy


    Blog: http://andrewbschultz.com @andrewbschultz
    Monday, August 22, 2011 7:27 PM
  • Ha, that's great. Glad it helped.
    Phil Edry – Altriva Solutions – http://www.altriva.com/AltrivaBlog.aspx
    Monday, August 22, 2011 8:22 PM