Issue with creating relationship RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I created one custom entity yesterday and when i am trying to create a 1:N relationship for that custom entity, i dont see the New button on left hand side. Am i missing something there?

Thanks!

Friday, December 5, 2008 4:37 PM

Answers

• Ok thank you for the additional information.  I am probably going to tell you what you already know and that is that something went wrong in the file you modified.  I would create the entity from scratch because if you correct one thing the chance that something else was incorrectly modified or gets broken is high, but that is just my opinion.

If you want to move forward with the process, the only thing I know to do is what you have probably already done and that is to go back and compare the code of the cloned entity with the one you created in CRM.  I would search the entire file for references to the Custom Entity that was generated from CRM and see if there was something left out or changed incorrectly for the cloned entity. 

Best of Luck

Friday, December 5, 2008 7:29 PM

All replies

• did you publish your changes and give yourself full rights on the customized entity?  The new button should be on the menu toolbar just above the grid display of the existing 1:N relationships.  It should show New 1-to-Many Relationships on the button.

Friday, December 5, 2008 5:23 PM
  • Thanks Donna for the support.

Yes i have full (Admin) permissions. And i did publish the changes. I even tried loggin off from the system and log back in but still no "New 1-to-Many Relationship" button in the menu.

One thing i want to specify here is , This entity was created by exporting one existing custom entity and then making the changes in name and everything and then re-importing the customizations.  This process did create the new entity for me successfully but now i am in this problem.

Thanks again!

Friday, December 5, 2008 6:33 PM
  • Ok thank you for the additional information.  I am probably going to tell you what you already know and that is that something went wrong in the file you modified.  I would create the entity from scratch because if you correct one thing the chance that something else was incorrectly modified or gets broken is high, but that is just my opinion.

If you want to move forward with the process, the only thing I know to do is what you have probably already done and that is to go back and compare the code of the cloned entity with the one you created in CRM.  I would search the entire file for references to the Custom Entity that was generated from CRM and see if there was something left out or changed incorrectly for the cloned entity. 

Best of Luck

Friday, December 5, 2008 7:29 PM
  • Thanks Donna for the insight on this.

I would rather go with the first option of creating the entity from scratch.

Thanks again!

Friday, December 5, 2008 7:51 PM
  • You are welcome, have a great weekend

Friday, December 5, 2008 11:26 PM