Alphabetically organizing Favorites Automatically RRS feed

• Question

•  

Can this be done? I have looked everywhere and can't find a place to make it do that. I use the Favorites menu a lot and my Favorites folder is a mess, I don't have time to organize it right now, but having Internet Explorer being able to automatically alphabetize my folders in my Favorites would sure come in handy right about now.  I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to make Internet Explorer capable of doing that. Does it do it now and I just don't know about it?  I would appreciate any response from someone who would know, and if it doesn't now, what is the outlook on that happening in the future? Thanks, Julie H.  See a need, Fill a need! Smile
    Saturday, February 23, 2008 6:22 PM

All replies

• I just found this .. after looking at your question because I had the same problem .. this is what helped me ..

Alphabetize Your Favorites

If your list of Favorites gets unruly, you can put it in alphabetical order.

Left -click Favorites from menu at top of page. Then arrow down and select any webpage in the list that you want to alphabetize - then Right-click .

On the menu that opens, click Sort by Name

Internet Explorer 6 lists folders first (if you have them), and then individual Web pages in the main list.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 8:15 PM