none
Server service (lanmanserver) will not start

Question

• Hello.

I have multiple stations that after restart having lanmanserver (Server) service not running.

Any RPC call to such a station is failed.

When trying to start the service manually at the first time there is error 5 : access denied

Starting the second time the error is changed to error 2 : the specific file cannot be found.

I have already spent more than 10 hours trying to find a solution and explore all the suggested solution.

If it not worm or virus issue and the svrsvc.dll seems to be OK.

The issue is resolved after restart and also created by a restart.

I have tried to copy the srvsvc.dll file from a different folder but it is locked by one of the svchost processes.

Do you have any clue what might be the root cause or the next troubleshooting step.

thanks a lot

haim shimoni

Tuesday, June 09, 2015 10:35 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

What operating system is this happening on?

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, June 22, 2015 4:19 PM
  • Make sure File and Printer Sharing is bound to the connection. I'd ask them more over here.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 1:10 AM
  • Hi Please start the regedit -HKLM-SYSTEM-CURRENT CONTROL SET-SERVICE-LANMANSERVER-edit the start_dword to 2 and also check your respective services to start.

Thanks,

satyabrata B

Monday, August 22, 2016 1:23 PM