Live OneCare for EI7 - problem RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I've tryed the service Windows Live OneCare using IE7 Live Toolbar button "PC Health" but unfortunately it does not work. I believe the application is installed because I reach the page where I can choose "FULL SERVICE SCAN". I click the button which opens a new bookmark immediately followed by error message "Page script fault, line 2, invalid character" however it continues to download scanner tools (4 tools). Than again the same script fault at line 2, than script faults at line 50, than at line 49 (always character 1, the object expected)... cyclic repeating, same fault for line 90, again cyclic repeating (error message bring option to run scripts at the page but using YES/NO buttons has no difference). No chance to continue the process. Kindly please advice any solution.

Thank you.

Milan

Thursday, February 1, 2007 2:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• You can find help with the Windows Live Safety Scanner here - http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/community/default.htm
    Thursday, February 1, 2007 11:28 PM
  • I attempted to use OneCare Safety Scanner last 2 months and I received Script Error messages. Following instructions here I fixed this issue on Internet Explorer 7 - Tools - Internet Options - Advance - Security - Options "Allow active content to run in files on my computer" and UNCHECKED it.  Clicked "apply" and then "ok" and restarted the Internet Explorer 7. My OneCare scanner works just fine now. I did not try to regedit and looking for the following key:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_LOCALMACHINE_LOCKDOWN]

"iexplore.exe"=dword:00000000.

Could Marisela from OneCare safety scanner team inform what is the better solution?  modify the Regedit or unchecked the Security Options?

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 11:33 AM
  • The best chance for your question to be seen by the Windows Live One Care Safety Scanner team would to post it in the Live Safety Scanner Communities - http://boards.live.com/safetyboards/board.aspx?BoardID=225  This forum is for the discussion of Windows Live One Care which is not the same product as the Windows Live One Care Safety Scanner.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 2:35 PM