none
Take 70-685 Before 70-680?

Question

• Hello,

I've been preparing for a while for the 70-685 Windows 7, Enterprise Desktop Support Technician exam. I was planning to take it next week when I found some details indicating that I need to take the 70-680 Windows 7, Configuring exam first? Is this correct? Or is it OK to take the 70-685 exam first, then take the 70-680 exam, in order to get the MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7 Certification?

Thank you,

Patrick

Sunday, September 11, 2011 11:03 PM

Answers

• Yes, you do not have to take them in any order to receive the certification.  However, be aware that the 70-685 test is more difficult than the 70-680, as it is a higher-level test.  That being said, if you ace the 70-685, you should be pretty confident about the 70-680 test.  ;)
    If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it answered your question, remember to "Mark as Answer".

Rich Prescott | MCITP, MCTS, MCP

[Blog] Engineering Efficiency | [Twitter] @Rich_Prescott | [Powershell GUI] Client System Administration toolkit
    Sunday, September 11, 2011 11:23 PM

All replies

• Yes, you do not have to take them in any order to receive the certification.  However, be aware that the 70-685 test is more difficult than the 70-680, as it is a higher-level test.  That being said, if you ace the 70-685, you should be pretty confident about the 70-680 test.  ;)
    If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it answered your question, remember to "Mark as Answer".

Rich Prescott | MCITP, MCTS, MCP

[Blog] Engineering Efficiency | [Twitter] @Rich_Prescott | [Powershell GUI] Client System Administration toolkit
    Sunday, September 11, 2011 11:23 PM
  • Hi,

You can take the exams in any order. You can visit the link below to get more details:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcitp.aspx#tab2

Thanks

Aparajita Community Manager at uCertify http://www.ucertify.com/
    Monday, September 12, 2011 10:56 AM
  • As others have noted, you CAN take them in any order.  But...and that's one big BUTT....keep in mind that 70-685 IS the PRO level exam, and the questions are based partly on what you already learned in 70-680.  That said, studying and taking 70-680 first is probably the BEST choice.
    Monday, September 12, 2011 12:28 PM
    Answerer