none
Asp site works with Win7 IE 11 but not with Win10 IE11 RRS feed

• Question

• Not sure this is the correct forum but it looked like the closest match.

so we have this old asp site (that just won't die).

It's currently sitting on win2k12, it's setup with spn's and kerberos delegation. It uses a Com+ object that runs a .vbs that does a lot of talking with active directory.

We are starting to roll out our windows 10 implementation.

In our dev environment, it works with win7/IE11 and win10/IE11 In our production environment, win7/IE11 has worked (and still does) but win10/IE11 is not working.

Some of the error messages are

Active Directory error '80040e37' 

The specified directory service attribute or value does not exist. 

Error getting attribute max range
    Attribute: [givenName]
    Error description: [-2147463153] The attempted action violates the DS schema rules. 

Normally these would point to the website not being configured properly but it's working fine for everyone on win7.

So that would point the finger towards the win10 implementation.

What in windows 10 would be causing this issue? (Maybe a specific misconfigured gpo?) I'm stumped.

Thursday, September 28, 2017 12:39 PM

All replies

• I would say that the site has nothing to do with the issue that is happening on the client side with the browser and Windows 10.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/home?category=iedevelopment

I also suggest that you find a Windows 10 forum and address the issues there too.

Thursday, September 28, 2017 1:03 PM
  • Too little info to diagnose, but it sounds like you have a configuration issue with respect to user permissions or authentication - perhaps the error is being generated by an Active Directory query but I don't know. If the COM+ component is running locally on the Windows 10 machine the account under which it is running may not have sufficient permissions to query certain AD properties.

I would recommend posting your question to a Classic ASP forum:

https://forums.iis.net/1032.aspx

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Thursday, September 28, 2017 2:50 PM
  • Thanks Paul and DA924x, i'll try those forums instead.

The com+ component is being run on the same win2k12 server as the website using a service account.

I'm currently investigating the gpo side of things right now and then i'll go down the authentication side.

Thursday, September 28, 2017 4:52 PM