Picture Hosting/viewing RRS feed

• Question

• This may eventually fall into more of the "Add-in" column, but it seems that the other thing that home users are very often looking for is a easy and decent picture hosting option. Since WHS already theoretically holds all their pictures and has IIS up and running, it seems that it would be very easy to integrate a picture hosting service on the machine too. It could actually be pretty robust and easy to implment for mom and dad.

On the same note, it would be nice if when viewing your /photos share via the console that there was a thumbnail option available, or  preview or something.

Again, these may eventually be more of an "Add-in" option that is created by 3rd parties, but it seems that it would be wonderful selling poit for MS to the "average users"

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 1:33 PM

Answers

• It's likely that the HP MediaSmart Server will offer some sort of media hosting, though I don't know exactly what they'll do. Probably some easy way of getting the files onto an HP web site.

I wouldn't want to serve the media up from WHS to the Internet, anyway. I'd be afraid that, if my media got popular, my ISP would shut off my network connection. And the higher profile WHS is online, the more likely it will become a target of hackers.
    Wednesday, April 25, 2007 5:31 PM