SyncFramework - SyncPeerOutdated event on the deployed service causes heavy CPU usage RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    We are running the data cleanup on the SQL server, with Retention days set to 60days.
    Lately, we get the unhanded exception thrown from the service saying that DbOutdatedSyncException was thrown.

We added both on the client and in the very service side the code for SyncPeerOutdated event, and set  e.Action = DbOutdatedSyncAction.PartialSync;
    (same as discussed in the thread:
    https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d8415743-a526-4fa3-8340-414d59749d63/dboutdatedsyncexception?forum=syncdevdiscussions#356ef574-21e6-418b-b23c-542db1755825)

- On the client side everything goes ok (i.e this event is caught and partialSync was forced)
    - Issue: when we add the same code in the service (published on the server, as wcf service) - in case this event is raised, sync goes OK, and data is correctly synced, BUT the issue is that CPU goes up to 99% on the server right after the sync finishes, and it stays?
      If I revert the old service DLL (ie.without this event method), cpu is ok (~15%), but still DbOutdatedSyncException is thrown.

Can you please advise ? Don't know if someone has met the same situation?
    I know that we can always start from the fresh snapshot and do the full sync, but (due to thousands of sync users) we would like to omit this...

Thank you very much!
    vtns

Monday, November 24, 2014 9:31 PM

All replies

• have you ran a trace on Sync Fx and the service itself?
    Monday, December 1, 2014 6:44 AM