Renaming a Money file. RRS feed

  • Question

  • I just archived my 2011 file and I can't remember how to change the name of the current file from "2011 My Money" to "2012 My Money"  I am using Money Plus 2004 on Windows 7.  Any help is appreciated.
    Tuesday, February 21, 2012 12:39 AM

All replies

  • Close Money.

    In Windows Explorer, rename "2011 My Money.mny" to "lumdotter2011.mny" for example. (your settings may hide the *.mny, so thats OK)  Then open Money by double-clicking "2011 My Money.mny". Money will rememeber that you are using that file.

    People who archive to save space or time are probably not going to find archiving to meet their wants. An archive is just a copy of the Money file as it existed at the time of archiving. In the other file, many older non-investment transactons are removed, which limits what you can get from reports. Instead you might want to save an appropriately named copy for your records, but keep all of your transactions in your running file. If you are quite happy with Archive, that's good too.

    You may be running Microsoft Money 2004 or Microsoft Money Plus Sunset.

    Tuesday, February 21, 2012 2:57 AM
  • I can't find the Money file that I am looking for.  I can't seem to get far enough into Money Plus to find 2011 My Money.  Can you help me with that?

    Barbara Lundberg

    Tuesday, February 21, 2012 4:50 AM
  • If you are running Windows 7, you can open Windows Explorer. Find the SearchComputer box in the upper right, and enter "*.mny" without the quotes. Then press the Enter key.

    That should search for all of your *.mny files.

    Tuesday, February 21, 2012 4:58 AM