Echoing Fields in Record Header RRS feed

• Question

• How do I insert/ create a header field that reflects/echos the Parent Account field? The other fields that are in the header are echos but I can't see how to copy an existing field.
    • Moved by Naomi N Tuesday, December 20, 2011 7:00 PM CRM question (From:Forums Issues (not product support))
    Monday, December 19, 2011 7:16 PM

Answers

• Thank you Sam, Your answer motivated me to take another look. I was following the proceedure you described but forgot to uncheck the 'show only unused Fields' box. Unchecking that box made all of the field available, even those already on the record/ form. -Ron
    • Edited by Ron'75 Wednesday, December 21, 2011 6:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ron'75 Wednesday, December 21, 2011 6:17 PM
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 6:16 PM

All replies

• You're asking in the wrong forum. Which reporting software you're using?
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    Monday, December 19, 2011 11:29 PM
  • I am working with CRM. I would like to 'echo' the Account name in the header of the Contact record, but can not see how to copy an existing field (even though the header contains several duplicate/ 'echoed' fields already).
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 6:29 PM
  • I haven't got CRM in front of me but isn't this a case of

1. Go to the form customisation screen for Contact
    2. On the right hand side select show all fields. (The list I believe filters fields already on the form)
    3. Select the header
    4. Drag the Parent Account field in to the header.
    5. Save and publish

My personal MSCRM website/blog at CRM Codex
    Follow me on Twitter
    Follow me on LinkedIn
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 10:17 PM
  • It would be except that I want to 'add' a field that is already being used so the field that I want to add is not in the list. I need a way to copy the field.
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 5:57 AM
  • Not sure we get you here...

If you select the filter to Show All fields, it would list out fields even though they have been already added to other parts of the form.

You can then select the field that you want and place it on the header...

Sam

Web: http://www.inogic.com
    Blog: http://inogic.blogspot.com
    Email: news@inogic.com
    If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 6:26 AM
  • Thank you Sam, Your answer motivated me to take another look. I was following the proceedure you described but forgot to uncheck the 'show only unused Fields' box. Unchecking that box made all of the field available, even those already on the record/ form. -Ron
    • Edited by Ron'75 Wednesday, December 21, 2011 6:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ron'75 Wednesday, December 21, 2011 6:17 PM
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 6:16 PM