Does anyone know what Book event mean in CRM 2011 auditing history? RRS feed

• Question

• We have two Contacts automatically create itself 5 -6 times each day a few months ago.  Now, it accumulated to 2000 dupe contacts in crm.  If open the audit history the contact, the event in audit history says: Book.  What does Book mean, or other events means?  thanks.
    Thursday, January 16, 2014 10:01 PM

Answers

• We have two Contacts automatically create itself 5 -6 times each day a few months ago.  Now, it accumulated to 2000 dupe contacts in crm.  If open the audit history the contact, the event in audit history says: Book.  What does Book mean, or other events means?  thanks.

Hi dear,

I have same problem and find answer.

When you sync outlook records with CRM and track email, if email address not exists in CRM, outlook create a contact record and link email to this.

You must go to CRM for Outlook setting and remove checkbox than say create contact automatic if not exists.

Best regards.

Saturday, October 18, 2014 9:23 AM

All replies

• The Book event is used when creating or modifying an Appointment or ServiceAppointment. CRM uses it to check if the resources are available

Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com  http://www.excitation.co.uk

Friday, January 17, 2014 8:32 AM
  • Hi, David-

Thanks for your response.  You are pretty much right.  The user (outside sales guy) only creates Appointments with CRM.  However, when I ask him to repeat what he normally does with Appointment, and meantime, I monitor CRM for duplicates, it did not happen when I worked with him.  However, the duplicates still happens a couple of times per day stemmed from him.  Do not know what is going on.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 4:57 PM
  • Does he have the Outlook plugin? Maybe there's something going on with his contact sync.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 5:10 PM

Hi dear,

I have same problem and find answer.

When you sync outlook records with CRM and track email, if email address not exists in CRM, outlook create a contact record and link email to this.

You must go to CRM for Outlook setting and remove checkbox than say create contact automatic if not exists.

Best regards.

Saturday, October 18, 2014 9:23 AM
  • Saturday, October 18, 2014 5:16 PM