not picking up on any viruses downloaders, backdoors, maleware. Whatever. RRS feed

• Question

•  

This One Care is doing absolutley nothing for my computer.  I know there is somthing really wrong with my computer.  One Care says everything is good.  I paid for this.  I want you to fix my computer like your product says it will do.

I should not have to go online and find how to fix your product so it will do the job you tell me it will do. What is going on? I need you to respond to ttghakansson@hotmail.com.  I will be out the country for a bit but my computer is here and needs you to get your product working. 

G

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 1:33 AM

Answers

• I have moved your post to the Anti-virus topic folder.

If OneCare is green and status is good, that means that OneCare is in fact working and that your protection status is good. OneCare does not *fix* the computer, not does it promise to. It does monitor some settings and makes sure that you have all critical and important updates and it performs some basic maintenance functions during a Tune-up that can enhance the PCs overall health - Defrag and Cleanup.

Your Subject line indicates that you believe OneCare is not catching/stopping malware. What leads you to believe this?

If you are using Windows Live OneCare and you have been infected, but OneCare did not detect or cannot remove the malware, please contact support to report this and for help with removal.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

In the message body of your post, you make no reference to your subject line, but state that you know something is "really wrong" with your computer. What problem are you having and what are the symptoms? What are the specifications of your PC - processor, operating system, memory, disk space, etc.?

-steve

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 1:55 PM