How to use Install and Uninstall Fix tool as PS scripts RRS feed

• Question

• I'm working with the Install and Uninstall tool. My environment is huge spread out network with thousands of computers. I'm trying to automate the uninstall of several applications by using the install/uninstall as powershell script. I extracted the digicab and now I'm trying to figure out the order of operation/how to. All the systems in the environment are Win7 Ent, mostly 64-bit.

-Brandon

• Moved by Bill_Stewart Monday, October 2, 2017 7:01 PM This is not "scripts on demand"
    Tuesday, August 15, 2017 6:39 PM

All replies

• What is an Install/Uninstall tool?

What is your question.  You have not asked a question?

\_(ツ)_/

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 7:03 PM
  • My question is how to use this as a PS script instead of the UI. The tool is here.

-Brandon

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 7:06 PM
  • It is a GUI based diagnostic tool.  It is not scriptable.

\_(ツ)_/

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 7:19 PM
  • There are scripts in the cab. They can be ran as such. I'm just having issues with that part. The tools runs the scripts in the GUI but I want to automate this process with the scripts only.

-Brandon

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 7:21 PM
  • Guess you will just have to learn PowerShell and figure out what the scripts do.

\_(ツ)_/

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 7:37 PM
  • I know powershell. I was only looking to see if anyone had already broke this apart as it would make a powerful remote tool. But if you're not going to be helpful maybe you should leave your comments out. Thanks anyway.

-Brandon

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 7:55 PM
  • Please review the following;  This forum is for scripting questions rather than script requests

You can look in the Gallery for pre-written scripts that might solve your issue: http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com

\_(ツ)_/

Tuesday, August 15, 2017 8:08 PM