problem RRS feed

• Question

• my name is ahmed nader allam
    my Confirmation Number: XBALON518A
    my exam is Microsoft 70-410

I will have that exam next Wednesday but from 5 days I got a call from the site that I will have the exam in telling me that they have a maintenance in that day so, I want to reschedule my exam without paying fees so, when I sent email to you
    I got a reply that I must take a ticket number from the site and call you on the phone number 0031320239530
    I took the ticket number and it was 10140344 and called on the phone number but they told me that I must call Microsoft on a different number

but this calls are very expensive to me and I got bored from this story and I want to cancel this exam and I will schedule it later

but also when I tried to cancel I found that I will pay a fee and also an error occurred so now I am a prisoner

I must have an exam in the site that will have maintenance in the same day even if they have a computer that I can have the exam on

I can’t because when the site administrator told me that they will have the maintenance I stopped studying so I will fail
    Monday, November 25, 2013 11:00 AM

Answers

• Hi.

That's horrible! You scheduled an exam but the testing site told you to reschedule because their computers will be down for maintenance that day. They should have set up the schedule correctly with Prometric so that people wouldn't schedule exams for that day.

This isn't your fault so you shouldn't need to pay a rescheduling fee. You must call Prometric, explain exactly what happened and why it isn't your fault, and have them reschedule your exam. Testing sites are not supposed to do this!

Alternately, you can get a refund.

Here are many ways you can contact Prometric:

https://www.prometric.com/en-us/contact-us/pages/default.aspx

Good luck!

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Monday, November 25, 2013 3:34 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi Ahmed,

if you cancel or reschedule an exam online (via Prometric) then you have to pay a fee.

Try to talk to the Prometric testing center where you have scheduled your exam and ask if they can reschedule or cancel the exam for you. In certain cases you might not have to pay the fee UNLESS the rescheduling or cancellation is done 15 days or more from the date of the exam.

A quote from Prometric site:

"Prometric Cancellation/Reschedule Policy
    Prometric strives to provide Microsoft candidates with the best possible choice of dates, times
    and locations in order to take their examination. To free up seats and times for all Microsoft candidates, a reschedule/cancellation fee that will be charged to Microsoft candidates who cancel or reschedule on the web or through the contact center with less than 15 days’ notice. (Because testing centers are able to control their own schedules, this will not apply to tests that are scheduled / rescheduled directly through a test center.) "

Please read Prometric cancellation/reschedule policy at https://www.prometric.com/en-us/clients/Microsoft/Pages/clientinformation.aspx

Hope it helps,

Sasa

Monday, November 25, 2013 2:35 PM
  • Hi.

That's horrible! You scheduled an exam but the testing site told you to reschedule because their computers will be down for maintenance that day. They should have set up the schedule correctly with Prometric so that people wouldn't schedule exams for that day.

This isn't your fault so you shouldn't need to pay a rescheduling fee. You must call Prometric, explain exactly what happened and why it isn't your fault, and have them reschedule your exam. Testing sites are not supposed to do this!

Alternately, you can get a refund.

Here are many ways you can contact Prometric:

https://www.prometric.com/en-us/contact-us/pages/default.aspx

Good luck!

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Monday, November 25, 2013 3:34 PM
    Answerer
  • Absolutely! If the testing center is closed on the day you scheduled the exam - and it's their fault - then you shouldn't need to pay a fee.

Don't delay, contact Prometric as soon as possible (Davin already posted a link how to contact Prometric). Probably the best option is to give them a call - but use a VoIP solution to cut costs ;-)

Sasa

Monday, November 25, 2013 9:59 PM
  • thanks for reply 

i didn't go to the exam date ,it was today 

but the interesting thing that i found an email telling me that microsoft will make me take the exam for free and i found a missed call from their number

so i must say there are a decent company after two days of calls and mails and complaining they finally resolve the problem

so my advice after this problem if you have a problem with microsoft exam with prometric send it to this email

emailconfirmations@prometric.com 

ahmed nader

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 8:09 PM