CRM 3.0 Appointment issue RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi All,

I have the following issue

When you try to save or to close an appointment in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0, you may receive the following error messages.

Error message 1

An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. Error code: 0x80040216. OK

Error message 2

General failure in scheduling engine. Ignore and Save or Cancel.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917010

I have applied update rollup 1,2 and 3 (Without rebooting the server). But this error is still there.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Thursday, April 10, 2008 4:59 PM

Answers

• Hi Kevin, I had the same issue before. It turned out there's problems with CRM Rollup 3. I had this problem after installing the Rollup 3. After uninstalling the update from CRM server and all clients, the problem seems to be gone away.

Hope that helps.
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, September 17, 2009 5:02 PM
    Thursday, April 10, 2008 5:08 PM

All replies

• Hi Kevin, I had the same issue before. It turned out there's problems with CRM Rollup 3. I had this problem after installing the Rollup 3. After uninstalling the update from CRM server and all clients, the problem seems to be gone away.

Hope that helps.
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, September 17, 2009 5:02 PM
    Thursday, April 10, 2008 5:08 PM
  • Hi kurobenko,

Thank you for your reply.

I did try appointment before applied Rollup 3 with no luck then I applied Rollup 3. We don't have any customization applied to the CRM.

Any suggestion?

Thank you.

Friday, April 11, 2008 8:02 AM
  •  

Hi,

After I clicked "Ignore and Save", It did saved this appointment but it didn't appear in the outlook calendar. When I click the appointment item in CRM, it shows the appointment with the "general failure in scheduling engine" error on the top of this page.

Thank you.

Friday, April 11, 2008 8:48 AM