Alerts RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to configure my alerts to go to my email domain besides the live id (hotmail).  Is there a way to configure another email account for these alerts?
    Todd A Reibling
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 3:44 PM

All replies

• Hi TR,

As far as I can tell, the answer is "no." My first question got moved to 'Off-Topic', and my next post has not helped either.  I think MS wants us to use Hotmail for marketing purposes.
    • Proposed as answer by ToolExpert Wednesday, September 2, 2009 3:23 PM
    Saturday, August 1, 2009 9:01 AM
  • You can change your email for Live ID.

Go to your Profile.  Click "Edit Profile", and then "Manage My Personal Information".  There, you can change your email address.

I don't have a hotmail account.  My ISP email address is what I use for this field.
    Sunday, August 30, 2009 12:13 AM
  • Nope, that doesn't do it either.  My email address at Windows Live is gmail, but I only get notifications from the MS forums in my Hotmail account.
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 3:23 PM
  • I don't know how you managed to configure two email addresses.

You could try changing it to any of your other email addresses on the  "Manage My Personal Information" page.

According to the Profile Center Help, there is an E-Mail Verification requirement that has to be satisfied before the new address becomes active.

If you get, and reply to, the verification email, you will know that that part works.  If you get alerts there, you have succeeded.

If you go to the Configure Alerts page there is nothing about setting your email.  But it does show which forums you are getting alerts from.  I get alerts from five forums.

I see under Related Topics on the right, there have been a few other threads concerning alerts.
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 8:00 PM
  • Brian, I'm sure you're trying to be helpful, but the info above does not help.  My email address on the "Manage My Personal Information" page is set to my gmail account, and it can only display one address.  When I signed up on technet forums, it asked me for my "Passport" login.  Maybe if I had not provided that, but created a new profile it would have allowed a non-MS email address, but as it is it seems as if MS Forums do not allow changing notification emails from MS to non-MS addresses.

If anyone actually knows how to accomplish this, please chime in with a step-by-step.  Otherwise, I nominate my first response as the correct answer.
    Sunday, September 13, 2009 2:54 AM