Not backing up files RRS feed

• Question

• Got the Sunset version installed on Win10 on my new computer and successfully recovered the Money files from my old computer that crashed. Everything is looking good except when it wants to back up the files I'm getting "path name is invalid. Please use a valid path name."  What do I do to correct so I can back up after data entry and for the auto-backup it does every 14 days? Thx.
    Thursday, August 18, 2016 6:23 PM

All replies

•  Tools->Settings->BackupSettings to set the backups to a place that exists on the new computer. Use Browse to help find a place that you are sure exists exists. You provide the root part of the filename, and Money appends the time and datestamp.

Consider your backup strategy. You may want to make the upon-exit  backup to be a place in your Documents folder, and put your scheduled backup on a Flash drive. That way, a hard drive crash does not make you lose all of your backups.

Thursday, August 18, 2016 7:09 PM
  • Before closing Money, click on "File" on the top menu bar, select "Back Up" on the drop down menu, select "Back up to hard disk" on the pop-up menu, and then select "Browse".  Navigate to a directory you have write authority to (definitely not in either of the C:\Program Files directories), and specify a meaningful file name.  Finally click OK.
    Thursday, August 18, 2016 7:13 PM