Decided not to wait for auto upgrade to Ver2 - smooth upgrade RRS feed

• General discussion

• The upgrade went very smoothly.

The only odd thing was that on doing my frst tune up it found I needed KB892130 Windows Advantage Validation Tool, which I thought I would have had anyway to get OneCare!

It certainly was not an issue on the last patch Tuesday

Uninstalling and re-installing OneCare no longer seems to cause issues of incomplete uninstalls.

An already noticed oddity is that both OneCare and Acronis backups (hows that for belt and braces?) are always fragged and need more that 15 minutes to defrag.

I may be the first person in the UK to have Ver 2

Monday, November 19, 2007 9:48 PM

All replies

• Yeah and we'll see if the windows screen saver bug kicks in. What is the bug ? after installing 2.0.2500.10 if your windows screen saver was set to none in few hours it'll automaticly kick in at it's default 10 minutes and then if you set it to none again It'll come back and start up again this time more quickly not sure why windows live one care 2.0 does this but it gets real annoying

Monday, November 19, 2007 11:29 PM
  • I can confirm the bug occurs in Windows XP

So I have set the time to 9999 as suggested in another post

Everything else seems to work fine

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 3:59 PM
  •  Ray Wilkes wrote:

I can confirm the bug occurs in Windows XP

So I have set the time to 9999 as suggested in another post

Everything else seems to work fine

It turns out to be a screen protection feature in windows live one care 2.0.2500.10

One feature I do not like and it needs to be removed and they are working on it.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 9:52 PM