Sync Hangs after finishing a group RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently using the 1.0 framework syncing from a SQL 2005 server to a SQL CE database. Lately we've been rolling out a lot of insert and delete to the sql server and in some cases the sync has been hanging after it gets done with a group.

We have three different sync groups, one is lookup tables the other is order related tables and the last are profile tables. It seems to get all done with the first two groups but the last one doesn't seem to finish. The sync thinks that it's done with that group and at that time I believe that changes are suppose to be happening on the client side but nothing seems to happen and we have had some wait an hour to see if anything happens.

Has anybody had any problems like these and can possibly give me an idea as to what's happening. I also think more info will be needed from me.

Thanks

Matthew Coleman

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 9:00 PM

All replies

• try enabling the Sync tracing to see where it is and what's happening at that time
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 11:01 PM
  • Ok so it's not hanging, It's taking a long time to insert the amount of rows from a specific table however this would help in other tables too. We have a few reps who have a quarter million rows of data that goes into their history. The table sn't that big, 2 uniqueidentifiers, an int, a varchar(20), 3 bits and a datetime. It seems though that it is quite slow while inserting these rows into the database.

I thought that the Sync Framework was using a SQLCEResultSet to do this since they can easily insert over a thousand records a second.

Is there a patch or hotfix that I can easily publish?

Thanks
    Matthew Coleman

Thursday, August 5, 2010 5:59 PM
  • have you tried this hotfix? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/973058/
    Saturday, August 7, 2010 9:37 PM