signed up for One care but can't activate. RRS feed

• Question

•    I've already had Live One Care loaded on my computer. It will expire in like 4 days. I figured I'd go online and pay for a new year of service. I entered all my info again. After I paid, I expeted my current membership to be extended another year. The problem is that it still says my membership will outmatically renew in 4 days and I don't want to be billed again. According to my statement I paid for Live One Care, but when I log in I'm stuck at Live One, and can't figure how to get my Live One CARE extended.Will I have to reinstall Windows live one care?  I honestly don't care about any of the services Live One offers except the virus protection, and I can't figure out how to get a new year of virus protection.
    Friday, August 21, 2009 12:41 AM

Answers

• It sounds like you created a new subscription, signing in with a new LiveID to purchase and provide payment information. What you will want to do is contact support to cancel that new subscription.
    Your current subscription should be extended for free for up to 6 months on the renewal date. You can confirm this with support. See the announcement at the top of this forum regarding the end of life of OneCare.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

If you wish to keep you new subscription, which used a different LiveID, in order to have a 12 month subscription instead of only the 6 month extension (you will not be able to renew or purchase a new subscription in 6 months time), you will need to reinstall OneCare and then activate with your new subscription LiveID used for the purchase yesterday.
    -steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Friday, August 21, 2009 12:21 PM

All replies

• When you say you entered all of your info again did you create a new account or did you use the Live ID and password associated with your original subscription?
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Friday, August 21, 2009 2:58 AM
  • It sounds like you created a new subscription, signing in with a new LiveID to purchase and provide payment information. What you will want to do is contact support to cancel that new subscription.
    Your current subscription should be extended for free for up to 6 months on the renewal date. You can confirm this with support. See the announcement at the top of this forum regarding the end of life of OneCare.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

If you wish to keep you new subscription, which used a different LiveID, in order to have a 12 month subscription instead of only the 6 month extension (you will not be able to renew or purchase a new subscription in 6 months time), you will need to reinstall OneCare and then activate with your new subscription LiveID used for the purchase yesterday.
    -steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Friday, August 21, 2009 12:21 PM