Dynamics CRM Online - print count on document RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

It is possible to have a count of the number of printing (ie Print Count) of a document , such as "receipt", in Dynamics CRM Online? For some reasons, we need to control the number of copies and printouts from the CRM system.

We also need to add the "Print Count" on the receipt.  Any advise?  Many thanks.

Regards,

Gary

Monday, March 9, 2015 9:16 AM

All replies

• I don't believe so.  CRM just hands off printing to the Windows printer functionality.  Printing is technically not something CRM itself is doing.  To limit this, I think you would have to remove the default print functionality from CRM (and I'm not sure that's even supported), and then write your own print button that would do all the checks and counts before sending the print itself on to the printing service. 

But even that is not iron-clad.  That wouldn't stop someone from printing screenshots if they really wanted to, or making a report and printing the report.  And for the report one, I'm fairly sure there's nothing you can do there to stop them from printing it, as that's SSRS, not CRM. 

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Proposed as answer by Wayne Walton Monday, March 9, 2015 1:43 PM
    Monday, March 9, 2015 1:43 PM