Error message after installing CRM 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 on a virtual server running server 2008 and SQL 2005  

When I try to connect to CRM 4.0 from a client’s pc via internet explorer, I get an error:

No Microsoft Dynamics CRM user exists with the specified domain name and user ID

A Microsoft Dynamics CRM user record does not exist with the specified domain name and user ID

When I run the configuration wizard from Outlook 07 it will not find the organizational unit. 

Does anyone have any ideas or has seen this before?

Friday, December 12, 2008 9:21 PM

Answers

• I am not sure I understand.  Are you able to go to Settings, Administration, Users and add Users through the CRM GUI?  If so, add a user from your Active Directory OU, give the user full license access and assign a security role.  Once completed, see if that user can log into CRM

Friday, December 12, 2008 11:00 PM
  •  Brad21 wrote:
    I have added users; using the deployment manager plug-in and placed them in the Deploymnet Administrators folder.

The deployment administrators is a role for the Deployment Manager tool.  This permission should only be given to administrators of the system that would do a redeployment, add another organization, or change the organization details.  Basically, keep this locked down.  See this link for more details

To access CRM, you need to add Users through the Settings > Administration > Users.  After you add the user make sure you assign them a Security Role.
    Saturday, December 13, 2008 2:10 PM

All replies

• Did you add users to your CRM and give them full access and a security role?

Friday, December 12, 2008 9:58 PM
  • I have added users; using the deployment manager plug-in and placed them in the Deploymnet Administrators folder.

Friday, December 12, 2008 10:15 PM
  • I am not sure I understand.  Are you able to go to Settings, Administration, Users and add Users through the CRM GUI?  If so, add a user from your Active Directory OU, give the user full license access and assign a security role.  Once completed, see if that user can log into CRM

Friday, December 12, 2008 11:00 PM
  •  Brad21 wrote:
    I have added users; using the deployment manager plug-in and placed them in the Deploymnet Administrators folder.

The deployment administrators is a role for the Deployment Manager tool.  This permission should only be given to administrators of the system that would do a redeployment, add another organization, or change the organization details.  Basically, keep this locked down.  See this link for more details

To access CRM, you need to add Users through the Settings > Administration > Users.  After you add the user make sure you assign them a Security Role.
    Saturday, December 13, 2008 2:10 PM