Cannot find newly shared folders on other computers RRS feed

• Question

• I've been using live mesh for more than a year, and I was quite happy with it. But recently I've had the biggest problem. If I add a folder to the live mesh on my PC, I don't see it on my laptop. I modified the sync settings and added the laptop to the list to access that folder, but still I cannot see that folder in live mesh. Sometimes live mesh shows the newly shared folders after a couple days, and sometimes it never does.  Completely random. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I even go to the live desktop page, the folder is there, but on my laptop, I cannot add the folder, b/c I dont see it. I use the same user on laptop and PC.

This problem started a few week ago. Please let me know if you have any solution for this, and thanks for reading.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010 2:35 AM

Answers

• There have been some reports of a folder not being offered to a device in the Mesh as a light blue shortcut on the desktop of the target. It seems that this situation happens when that target device is not actually synchronizing with the Mesh. Your best bet when this happens is to uninstall Live Mesh, remove that target device from your list of supported devices at www.mesh.com and then reinstall Live Mesh on the target PC. yes, that means reconfiguring the sync settings for all folders you wish to sync with the target.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, August 16, 2010 2:40 PM