PP1 RTM RRS feed

• Question

• Downloaded and installed PP1 RTM this morning when I recieved word is was released. One word description: SMOOTH!
    All went without a hitch. I'm very happy with all that is happening so far.

Only one question, Will there be a new forum put up for WHS PP1 RTM?

Cruise
    Tuesday, July 22, 2008 7:45 PM

All replies

• Why not just return all topics to the old forums since PP1 is now mainstream WHS?

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 8:21 PM
  • It's doubtful. Microsoft's position on Power Pack 1 is that it's an essential update: every Windows Home Server user should install it because of the patch for the file corruption issue. So I don't see where there needs to be a separate forum; everyone should have it installed shortly.
    Wednesday, July 23, 2008 1:21 AM
  •  

The install went without a hitch. I noticed that the connector files did not update, are they supposed to be part of the PP1 RTM release ? My connector files were last updated as part of the PP1 1776 build. Just curious.

Thanks for the great work WHS team !!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 1:49 AM
  • Sure they didn't update? If you'd tolf 1776 to auto-update the clients, they would/should have detected the newer client ware and update themselves. Mine did, anyway.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 4:26 AM
  • Say ***, Good point about the auto-update.

After I did the PP1 RTM install I looked at the shared software folder and noticed that the connector folder and files still had the old dates of when I installed the PP1 beta build 1776. I assumed that they would have updated with the PP1 RTM installation and that I would see newer file dates in the connector folder. Not sure if the folder was removed when I uninstalled the PP1 beta or that the RTM then reloaded the folder during the RTM installation or that neither touched the folder.

My system is working fine, I just have no way of knowing if the connector has the latest update or not. I guess that is why some members are asking for a version number to be associated with the connector icon on their desktop.

For me I'm just happy to see a green icon and knowing the corruption bug is fixed, now I can go on to buliding my final system with new HDs and a fresh install.

Thanks

JK

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 6:35 PM
  •  

Mine went automagically. The only way I knew is that I was purposely watching for it and it came up and asked about rebooting--some of the other clients apparently rebooted on their own.

One way to find out is look at File|Properties version of the .DLLs in C:\Program Files\Windows Home Server. Most of mine say 6.0.1800.0. I take that as good enough.

I agree, a WHS Connector|About seems like a REALLY GOOD IDEA. The target user for WHS shouldn't be expected to go spelunking in Program Files to figure this out.

Thursday, July 24, 2008 1:11 AM
  • @*** - can you file the "About" idea as a suggestion on Connect?

thx in advance.

Thursday, July 24, 2008 6:44 PM
  • Bug 357635 FWIW.
    Thursday, July 24, 2008 7:06 PM