Option to "Add folder to Live Mesh" when right clicked has disappeared. RRS feed

• Question

• My live mesh has been acting up on my work desktop.  I'm running XP pro SP3 and live mesh version 0.9.4014.7.  I'm not sure when it started happening but it was awhile ago.  I no longer have the option when right clicking an existing folder to add it to live mesh.  I have tried just about every folder on my computer and it's just not there.  I also have not been able to use remote desktop.  It logs in but the screen just stays black.  Thanks for your help.
    Saturday, December 12, 2009 12:03 AM

Answers

• The best way to handle the reinstall is to remove the machine from your Mesh at www.mesh.com and then add it back by reinstalling (after an uninstall of the client). You should then be offered all of the sync folders again and you will need to click each offered folder and use Browse to navigate to the existing folder and accept the conflict warning.
    It sounds like the Live Mesh curtain driver is misbehaving on the home PC since it gives you both the black screen and also resets te screen resolution. Is the display driver for your PC the latest available? Any special monitor setup - multiple displays, fo example?
    -steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    • Marked as answer by kensm [msft] Monday, January 11, 2010 2:16 AM
    Monday, December 14, 2009 5:12 PM

All replies

• I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling Live Mesh on the machine as it sounds like it is is not properly installed. The black screen for Remote Desktop - is that *from* this machine or *to* this machine?
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, December 14, 2009 1:43 PM
  • The black Screen is *to* this computer from my home pc, but it works fine the other direction except that it resets my screen resolution on my home pc every time I use it.  One other question when reinstalling Mesh do I need to do anything special with my existing synced folders or will they reassociate when I reinstall?  Thanks again.
    Monday, December 14, 2009 4:14 PM
  • The best way to handle the reinstall is to remove the machine from your Mesh at www.mesh.com and then add it back by reinstalling (after an uninstall of the client). You should then be offered all of the sync folders again and you will need to click each offered folder and use Browse to navigate to the existing folder and accept the conflict warning.
    It sounds like the Live Mesh curtain driver is misbehaving on the home PC since it gives you both the black screen and also resets te screen resolution. Is the display driver for your PC the latest available? Any special monitor setup - multiple displays, fo example?
    -steve

• Marked as answer by kensm [msft] Monday, January 11, 2010 2:16 AM
    Monday, December 14, 2009 5:12 PM