Is Visual Studio Emulator for Android Supported and Updated? RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried to create a new Unity application and run it in the Visual Studio Emulator for Android - however the application crashes on startup, despite being an empty application.  The same application works in the android-sdk emulator therefore I believe it is a problem with the emulator.

Is it possible to get support for the emulator when it does not run unity applications?

Saturday, January 13, 2018 8:59 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Here is to talk about how to troubleshoot the visual emulator for android and you can get support for emulator by asking question on StackOverflow using the android-emulator and the visual-studio tag.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 15, 2018 9:05 AM
  • Hi

I was choosing a support forum to take advantage of the Microsoft response from my MSDN, I don't believe that feature extends to StackOverflow yet.

My question is not answered on the support page hence why I am asking if the product is supported and updated by Microsoft or if it has been "retired" 

Monday, January 15, 2018 5:05 PM
  • Hi,

visual studio emulator for android is still supported by Microsoft, but you need to get support for emulator by asking question on StackOverflow using the android-emulator and the visual-studio tag, where you will get response from Microsoft. Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 9:44 AM