Features missing from the original WHS RRS feed

• Question

• I was nice in the original WHS to be able to add links to the WHS landing screen for other Websites without having to log in. Why was this removed?
    Angelo => Chief Rocket Scientist
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 11:02 PM

All replies

• I was nice in the original WHS to be able to add links to the WHS landing screen for other Websites without having to log in. Why was this removed?
    I highly doubt you'll ever get an answer to that question here (MS employees aren't monitoring this forum 24/7).  However, you can always file a product suggestion on Connect.  (Although since WHS2011 is now out, I doubt anything will come of it.)
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21 Friday, June 17, 2011 4:02 PM
    Friday, June 17, 2011 4:02 PM
  • I am finding that with about all MS products. The quality is getting worse and very few channels to get things corrected.
    Friday, June 17, 2011 9:35 PM

If I remember correctly, this was not basic functionality, but an add on named Whiist, which created the possibility to do so.

So no reason to complain against Microsoft.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Saturday, June 18, 2011 8:38 PM
  • Not sure what you are talking about. You can totally do this in WHS 2011 and you don't even need a separate add-in anymore. It's under server settings -> remote access -> customize.
    Sunday, June 19, 2011 7:17 PM
  • vypergts

No, that's for customising the page after Log In, which is not what was requested here (page BEFORE Log In).

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Sunday, June 19, 2011 8:00 PM
  • Thank you, you are correct. In the first version there was an XML file that could be altered to put links on the landing page that I used for links to my blog site(s) and web sites. This was sort of useful, plus i was able to host personal webs on the WHS as well - not sure if this is still doable.
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 1:40 AM