none
Windows 10: Discover, Pairing and Connecting Bluetooth Device(Bluetooth Stereo, heart rate monitor devices Apple, MIO, Polar etc) RRS feed

• Question

• we are developing a WPF based kiosk desktop application. We need to add feature to discover and pair Bluetooth device. We tried with 32 Feet.Net as they mentioned Bluetooth support requires a device with either the Microsoft, Widcomm, BlueSoleil, or Stonestreet One Bluetopia Bluetooth stack. Widcomm device we are using out of above supported device.The Audio channel is not supported nor supportable by 32feet.NET. A connection could be made to the Control channel. Use BluetoothDeviceInfo.SetServiceState to tell Windows to use the service Although there is dicrepency with 32 feet.Net However the SetServiceState API is provided only on desktop Windows with the Microsoft stack. It is not supported at all on Widcomm(https://32feet.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Connecting%20to%20Bluetooth%20Services&referringTitle=Documentation).

the kiosk applicaiton will be in locked down and the problem is if we connect bluetooth via 32feet windows prompts to allow pairing which we can't do in kiosk system.

Please suggest. I really wants to hear from you.

Thanks in advance,

Vipin panwar

Friday, July 14, 2017 12:34 PM

All replies

• Check out the api: 32feet.NET.
    Friday, July 14, 2017 12:49 PM
  • Please read my question completely, i already tried with 32feet.Net and mentioned the road block using 32 feet.net API.
    Monday, July 17, 2017 9:15 AM
  • Hello Vipin panwar,

>> We need to add feature to discover and pair Bluetooth device 

if you  want to add the discover and pair functionality for his application , I suggest you could use the Windows.Devices.Enumeration API.

The API can be used on windows 10 for UWP project, and I think that the WPF project also can add reference. you need to consult owner of WPF.

The Windows.Devices.Enumeration namespace supports three different ways to pair devices.

•Automatic pairing

•Basic pairing

•Custom pairing

the issue is more related about Bluetooth development,  you could post the issue on  hardware development.

Best  Regards,

feih_7

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 27, 2017 9:51 AM
  • Hello Vipin Panwar,

According to your question is more related to third party library , you could post a new thread to  32 Feet.NET forum for suitable support.

The Visual C# discuss and ask the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples and tools .If you have some grammar or code errors, please feel free to contact us. We will try our best to give you a solution.

Best Regards,
    Feih-7

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 11, 2017 2:58 AM