Installing multiple PCs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've just purchased 5 Dell PCs that need identical software setup. I prepared one (Win7 updates, software installs etc) and created a backup image using the Win7 backup tool. I used the Win7 startup recovery DVD to install this image on a second PC. Everything seems to be working fine but the two PC's now have the same product-id (and the option to change the id in System isnt there).

Will this become an issue? Can I somehow authenticate these PCs using the keys that came with them?

Regards,

Casper

Thursday, December 18, 2014 10:15 AM

Answers

• Please post an MGADiag report - of one of the copies, rather than the original.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Wednesday, December 24, 2014 8:58 AM
  • 1. Click on the Start button and in the Search programs and files box type in:  slui.exe 3

2. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.

3. Enter the genuine Windows 7 product key found on the COA label affixed to the Dell PC chassis.

Carey Frisch

Wednesday, December 24, 2014 6:43 PM

All replies

• Please post an MGADiag report - of one of the copies, rather than the original.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Wednesday, December 24, 2014 8:58 AM
  • 1. Click on the Start button and in the Search programs and files box type in:  slui.exe 3

2. Press the Enter key on your keyboard.

3. Enter the genuine Windows 7 product key found on the COA label affixed to the Dell PC chassis.

Carey Frisch

Wednesday, December 24, 2014 6:43 PM