none
Hibernation RRS feed

• Question

• Windows7 RC x32 funtions flawlessly. However after awaking from hibernation, internet acess is always lost. Problem is reported as "connection to network is unlugged or cable is boken". However on restart everything is OK. This is a recurrent problem and no connection is changed when restarting. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009 7:56 PM

Answers

• >If you wish, you can just dump them in the W7 Miscellaneous forum

I just dump them all (not all off-topic messages there are Win7 but many are) in Off-topic. That way the posters have time to work out for themselves that perhaps a Win 7 forum is the right place for a Win 7 question and if not there are MS people monitoring the Off-topic forum who can advise them.

Thanks, though, Ronnie!

Mike
    Friday, June 5, 2009 6:50 AM

All replies

• Windows7 RC x32 funtions flawlessly. However after awaking from hibernation, internet acess is always lost. Problem is reported as "connection to network is unlugged or cable is boken". However on restart everything is OK. This is a recurrent problem and no connection is changed when restarting. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Hi Love7

You posted this message on the Bug Reporting Forum for the forums software.

You need to post this message on the Windows 7 Forums support forums.

Regards,

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Tuesday, June 2, 2009 8:02 PM
  • Are there Links somewhere pointing Windows 7 RC users to the wrong forums ?

I have been getting a stream of Windows 7 RC questions sent to the MSDN and TechNet Search Feedback forum which are of course equally off-topic.

Somehow it seems obvious that Windows 7 RC questions should go to a Windows 7 forum, which is why I'm wondering if some incorrect limks have crept in somewhere. 

WSS FAQ sites: http://wssv2faq.mindsharp.com and http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com
    Total list of WSS 3.0 / MOSS 2007 Books (including foreign language) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/Lists/v3%20WSS%20FAQ/V%20Books.aspx
    Wednesday, June 3, 2009 3:29 AM
  • Hi Mike

I suppose it's possible, but I haven't heard or seen any such links?

If you wish, you can just dump them in the W7 Miscellaneous forum and we can move them to the proper individual forums from there.

Regards,

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Thursday, June 4, 2009 4:50 AM

• Are there Links somewhere pointing Windows 7 RC users to the wrong forums ?

I think the phrase  Bug Reporting  is probably just about as attention grabbing as this:  

Friday, June 5, 2009 6:42 AM
  • >If you wish, you can just dump them in the W7 Miscellaneous forum

I just dump them all (not all off-topic messages there are Win7 but many are) in Off-topic. That way the posters have time to work out for themselves that perhaps a Win 7 forum is the right place for a Win 7 question and if not there are MS people monitoring the Off-topic forum who can advise them.

Thanks, though, Ronnie!

Mike
    Friday, June 5, 2009 6:50 AM