PC Name changed in Windows Live One Care RRS feed

• General discussion

• My ThinkPad T61 computer name (through Control Panel >> System and Maintenance >> System) is no longer being recognized through Windows Live One Care - it has been renamed MINWINPC.  I do not know why it has mysteriously changed.  It is still recognized as the Hub Computer in Windows Live One Care.  I am running Windows Vista Home Premium SP2.

Can someone help me? 
    • Moved by Stephen BootsMVP, Moderator Wednesday, January 13, 2010 5:08 PM Circle and PC name issue (From:Windows Live OneCare Update)
    • Changed type Stephen BootsMVP, Moderator Thursday, January 14, 2010 1:23 PM awaiting further info, OneCare working as designed is assumption
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 8:17 PM

All replies

• What does this mean?
    If you look at your OneCare Circle on a hub PC, it will list each computer name as defined by the name of the PC found under Control Panel/System. If the PC name in your OneCare Circle is different, that suggests that the name of the PC has been changed.
    What are you seeing? How many PCs in your Circle and is the T61 the Hub PC? When you open OneCare is it shown as MINWINPC? What are you seeing as the PC name in Control Panel/System on the T61? Are the other PCs named as you would expect?
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 5:07 PM