How to get the rating of my MCP Exam in 2005 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Im Maria Teresa, I took may MCP exam last June 2005 and was certified. But when I received the package, the rating of my exam was not being sent. I only received pin, MCP Id and certificate signed by Bill gates. I tried to register here in Microsoft but microsoft response is that my MCP ID is not valid. and it also states to get the transcript you must provide the MC ID. I don't have MC ID because the ID that was given to me is MCP ID. How can I be able to have a copy of my rating. I really need this for the validation of my being certified as MCP that is required for my Promotion in my work. Thank you and I hope for your immediate response. 
    Sunday, March 8, 2015 2:20 AM

Answers

• Hello,

The MC ID number is the same as the MCP ID. They changed the name a few years ago, but the number is still the same.

In order to register at the MCP site, you need a code that should have been sent to you by email back at the time when you passed your exam. If you have lost it, you should call the Regional Service Center (RSC) and explain the problem. They should be able to fix it for you. The links to the RSC in various parts of the world can be found at the bottom of the main Learning and Certification page (http://www.microsoft.com/learning).

Once you are able to log-in to the MCP site, there are links there for downloading your Transcript and also your certificate if you need an electronic copy.

However, you will not be able to download a copy of your exam score sheet. This is only provided to you at the end of your exam, but it is not stored at the MCP website. Only the fact that you are certified is saved, but not the precise marks that you got in your exam. Various posts in the past have explained why the precise figure is irrelevant and why it should not be used to accredit your level of knowledge; instead, you should present your certificate and/or your transcript to accredit that you are certified.

Sunday, March 8, 2015 8:05 AM