none
.Net Core 3 and Raspberry Pi 4 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a raspberry pi 4 on the way and I am going to use it to deploy an application that I am going to write in C# with Visual Studio 2019. Originally I wanted wanted to use Windows 10 IoT but it doesn't look like its supported on the pi 4.  Then I thought about using Mono on the pi4 itself.

However, now it occurred to m that I can probably just write the code on my pc and simply deploy the compiled code on the raspberry pi using the bin file referencing the .exe file, the way I do on other windows machines.  

My question is whether I should use .net core 3 in VS 2019 when it becomes available, and whether this would still require me to install Mono on the Pi in order to run the .exe on a schedule, or will this not work ?

Thanks in advance ...

programmerBret

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 8:51 PM

All replies

• Hi ProgrammerBret,

Thank you for posting here.

>>My question is whether I should use .net core 3 in VS 2019 when it becomes available, and whether this would still require me to install Mono on the Pi in order to run the .exe on a schedule, or will this not work ?

I only tell you that you could use .net core 3.0, because I am not familiar with Raspberry Pi 4 or Mono. Also, it is a hardware product, we don't support.

Therefore, I suggest that you could ask it in the following link.

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/spaces/61/index.html

The Visual C# forum discusses and asks questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 29, 2019 2:33 AM