Security Roles and Privileges RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to create a new profile for RSM(Regional Sales Manager) so he/she can access the data of their own regions and reporting KAMs(Key Account Manager) , should not able to view others data.

here is the details what I tried

1. I gave User Level access and he can only access his own records.

2. When I gave Business Unit Level access, can access every one's data  belonging to that BU( Business Unit).

For every KAM, belonging to respective Region, the Manager is that region's RSM.

Need to know what kind of access can be given to RSM to access only their region's records.

Thursday, November 22, 2012 9:45 AM

Answers

• hi DynCRM,

you can create a child business unit(by name RSM(nort/south)), and give business unit access to that RSM role. so that RSM can access only his region (Business Uint) data. 

Thanks and Regards. Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

• Proposed as answer by Ravitheja J Thursday, November 22, 2012 10:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by DynCRM Friday, November 23, 2012 6:11 AM
    Thursday, November 22, 2012 10:15 AM
  • Hi, 

The simplest option would be to create a business unit for each region, and given them Business Unit Access. 

Scott

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public     Follow Me on Twitter
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by SUBI_INDIA Thursday, November 22, 2012 10:33 AM
    Thursday, November 22, 2012 10:17 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• hi DynCRM,

you can create a child business unit(by name RSM(nort/south)), and give business unit access to that RSM role. so that RSM can access only his region (Business Uint) data. 

Thanks and Regards. Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

• Proposed as answer by Ravitheja J Thursday, November 22, 2012 10:31 AM
    Thursday, November 22, 2012 10:15 AM
  • Hi, 

The simplest option would be to create a business unit for each region, and given them Business Unit Access. 

Scott

Scott Durow
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by SUBI_INDIA Thursday, November 22, 2012 10:33 AM
    Thursday, November 22, 2012 10:17 AM
    Answerer
  • Nice diagram by the way - it really helps to visualise these things, and it also really helps us when trying to answer your question!

Scott Durow

Thursday, November 22, 2012 12:33 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

See if this helps giving an overview on the data model:

http://quantusdynamics.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/dynamics-crm-data-driven-security.html

Visit my blog for CRM material, improving performance, kerberos, IFD, development tips, etc. :) http://quantusdynamics.blogspot.com

Thursday, November 22, 2012 1:50 PM