Windows Home Server 2011 Can't connect to the internet RRS feed

• Question

• Windows Home Server 2011 Can't connect to the internet,

My wireless router is Netgear R6300, I am able to connect my laptop to the router to access the internet. 

I RDC to the home server and ping to microsoft.com, the reply was 'Destination host unreachable'

Need help.. 

Monday, December 17, 2012 12:16 AM

All replies

• Your Server should really be connected by ethernet - what happens if you do that?

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Monday, December 17, 2012 12:22 AM
  • Yes the server is connected to the Ethernet.
    Monday, December 17, 2012 12:54 AM
  • Just read your post again as I thought you had mentioned a wireless router for a specific reason! microsoft.com does not respond to Ping, normally with a "Request timed out" response - try another site. Can you ping your router?

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Monday, December 17, 2012 1:02 AM
  • Yes, I have ping many site no response,. I can see the icon at the bottom right no internet connection, 

My window home server is connect (wire) to the Netgear R6300 router, and the router is connected to the cable modem.

and I have a laptop that connected (wire) to the Netgear that have access to the internet. But the WHS no internet..

Monday, December 17, 2012 1:25 AM
  • Can you ping your router?

Have you installed the correct drivers for your server network card?

What does it say in Device Manager about your Network adapters?

Monday, December 17, 2012 1:36 AM
  • Yes I did ping the router, The WHS is the new Acer RC111, The network adapter is - realtek pcie gbe family controller driver - version 7.26.902.2010, all drivers are pre-installed
    Monday, December 17, 2012 1:44 AM
  • If you can ping your router but not anything outside your network, try plugging the cable into  a different port on the router as that might be the problem. Failing that, I suggest you get back to Acer with the problem.

Monday, December 17, 2012 2:03 AM
  • Did you try that?

What is the output of "ipconfig /all" in the command prompt on the server and client?

Monday, December 17, 2012 3:25 PM